National Safety WeekPosted on May 1, 2017, by Jennifer Klitzke
Empirehouse takes safety seriously. We have created a “safety culture” that is modeled from leadership on down and demonstrates genuine care for the safety and welfare of our employees.
In 2016, Empirehouse became the first Certified NACC Glazing Contractor in the Midwest to ensure quality and safety by national standards that receive ANSI’s confirmation in accordance with ISO / IEC 17065.
Empirehouse employs the following safety practices:
- Empirehouse holds annual AWAIR “Right to Know” education sessions for all team members, including field, plant, and office staff
- Periodic “Tool Box Topic” meetings are held at the job site and in the plant to help prevent accidents and instruct team members in the proper use of tools, lift equipment, personal protective equipment, and materials
- Empirehouse provides contractors with our published Safety Manual prior to executing work for contract projects. This manual includes a statement of our safety policy, management’s policy on safety, our general safety rules, safety responsibilities, our accident prevention program, our company safety inspection guide, Near Miss reporting and Tool Box topics, our policy on reporting hazards, and our vehicle safety program
- The Empirehouse Safety Manager facilitates a Safety Committee which meets monthly to discuss safety topics which are written and posted for team members to read and review
- The Empirehouse leadership leads by example and holds our employees to the “gold standard” in safety to observe safe practices in the field, in our shop, when they drive, and when they stretch in the morning
- Field employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times consisting of gloves, hard hat, safety vests/coats/shirts, safety glasses, and safety boots and Shop employees are required to wear PPE at all times consisting of gloves, glasses, and safety boots
Empirehouse recognizes National Safety Week: May 1-5, 2017. For details, visit: www.ConstructionSafetyWeek.com